Friends of Oak Tree,
We had such a fun, colorful October that we want to make sure you never miss out on what's happening in the Village! If you haven't already, make sure you sign up for our monthly newsletter so that you never miss an update!
Picking Out Pumpkins!
The Reading Club went on a field trip to Old Baker Farm last month! We climbed a mountain of hay bales, held a baby goat, went on a hayride, and picked out a pumpkin a piece to take home! While the pictures are precious, insert the sound of giggles and the smell of hay for the full effect.
We are excited that Raquel has joined our team at Oak Tree! Many of you already know Raquel, who has been serving in Marks Village for several years in her work with Serving You Ministries and Discovery Clubs at Oliver. Raquel will be working and coordinating across ministry areas with our women, teens, and children. She is clearly right at home with our neighbors! Please welcome Raquel to the family when you see her next!
What a wonderful evening celebrating Teresa and her time in ministry with us! Neighbors, volunteers, and friends all gathered for a dinner and sweet speeches. Teresa helped to start the Bible Club at Ambassador for Christ Church almost five years ago and has been faithfully serving with both the children and women in Marks Village. We will miss her, but we know she has so many new opportunities ahead as she moves to live near her children and grandchildren.
This month we had the opportunity to hear from Forge, breast cancer survivor center, to find out what resources are available to the women in the Village who are facing the battle with cancer. Thank you, Forge!
Friends of Bible Club, you are invited to join us for a Thanksgiving meal! We want to celebrate with our neighbors & give thanks to God for all He is doing in the Village!
Click HERE to find out more & RSVP.
There are many ways you can get involved serving with us! Check out the opportunities listed below and always feel free to contact us with any questions or ideas you may have.
THIS MONTH'S HIGHLIGHTED NEED:
We are in need of childcare assistance during our women's fellowship group on Monday afternoons & Thursday evenings.
- Bible Club - We need more disciple-makers for K-12th graders on Sunday afternoons.
- Reading Club - We need more volunteers to join us Tuesdays and Thursdays to make disciples who love to read with K-5th graders.
- Meals - We need volunteers willing to make sack dinners for our Bible Club kids. Click HERE to find out more or to sign up.
- Interested in working with kids or teenagers for the glory of God? Ask for more information here.
Look what we're reading!
Join us for our monthly Book Club to discuss Cross-Cultural Servanthood on November 30th at 6:30 p.m.
5184 Caldwell Mill Rd. #206
Hoover, AL 35244
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
You Can Now Follow Us On Instagram!
Praises and Prayer Requests
- We are so thankful God provided a new van through a generous donation! Bible Club pick up time has been cut in half and it makes field trips so much easier with two vehicles!
- God has sent so many new volunteers to serve with the Reading Club and we are so grateful.
- Pray for more Reading Club volunteers so that the kids on our waiting list can join soon!
- Join us in praying Psalm 37 this month: "Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him..."
The ministry we do each day is only made possible through your partnership! We could never say thank you enough for laboring alongside and loving our neighbors with us. We hope to see you in the Village soon!
With grateful hearts,
The Oak Tree Ministries Team